Indian Open of Surfing 2022
Indian Open of Surfing
National Surfing Championship, Panambur Beach, Mangalore
27th to 29th May 2022
NOTICE OF EVENT
ORGANIZING AUTHORITY: Mantra Surf Club under the aegis of Surfing Federation of India.
1.1 The championship is governed by ISA Rules 2022.
1.2 If there is a conflict between languages, English text will take precedence.
1.3. No participant substitution is permitted once registered.
1.4 Additional Rules referenced in the Notice of Event and Event Instructions may apply.
- EVENT ADVERTISING
- 2.1 Advertising is permitted in accordance with ISA Rules.
- 2.2 Boards/athletes are required to display advertising chosen and/or supplied by the OA.
- 2.3 Participants will be responsible for keeping such advertising visible throughout the championship.
3. ELIGIBILITY, ENTRY AND REGISTRATION
3.1 For eligibility ISA rule in Chapter 2 Section 1 will apply. Registration process will be as per ISA Rule Chapter 2 Section 2. The championship is open to Indian surfers and paddlers and Indian passport holders and foreign nationals as defined in this NOR.
Non-Indian passport holders who have contested before in SFI events can only take part through an accredited surf school. No points would be allocated but prize money would be awarded.
3.2 Mantra Surf Club will have final authority on eligibility.
3.3 Registration Fees is applicable for the event depending on category and whether Surf/SUP is accredited or not.
3.4 The last date for registration is 20th May 2022. The link for registration will be available on https://surfingfederationofindia.org and e-mailed to all SFI accredited surf schools
3.5 Late entry will not be accepted into this championship
3.6 The fee includes entry to the competition, t-shirt for two days of the event and free access to all shore-based events for each registered participant
3.7 In the event of inclement weather or in order to ensure safety, the OA may decide to modify the race or cancel or interrupt the Championship. In such cases the Entry fees will not be returned. This applies, with no limitation to exceptionally adverse weather conditions, war, mobilization, requisition, embargo, fire, flooding, strike or any blocking of the facilities caused by an event outside the control of the OA.
3.8 The entry categories & criteria will be as follows
Participation in Groms Category: (Male: Age 16 & Under)
- Total of 32 slots in Groms Category.
- SFI accredited Surf Schools can nominate 2 surfers per accredited school.
- Registration fee Rs 500
Participation in Open Category: (Male: Age 17 & Above)
- Total of 56 slots in Open Category
- Top 16 surfers from previous SFI events will get automatic entry into the IOS event, after registration.
- Remaining 40 slots allocated to SFI Accredited Surf Schools who can nominate 2 surfers per accredited school (apart from the top 16).
- Registration fee Rs 1000
Participation in Groms & Open Category: (Female)
- SFI accredited Surf Schools can nominate 2 female surfers per category per accredited school. (Shortboard only allowed).
- Registration fee Rs 500
SUP Technical Race - 2 km (Only Race-boards 12’6 or under allowed)
- Men Open Category
- Women Open Category
Registration fee of Rs 1000 for Accredited Surf Schools and Rs 2000 for Non-Accredited.
- Online Registrations will open on 15th of May and closes on 22nd May 2022 on https://surfingfederationofindia.org/ios-registration-2022/
- Minimum of 6 participants required to run any category.
- Ages are taken from 01 January 2022.
- 30% TDS would be deducted on Prize Money above Rs 10,000/-
- Non-Indian passport holders who have contested before in SFI events can only take part - no points would be allocated but prize money would be awarded
- No on-spot registrations.
- Your registration fee covers your entry to participate in 1 category + 1 discipline only.
- Participants should make their own accommodation, transport and meals during the competition.
- Participants should carry their own face masks, water bottles and towels for the event.
- Participants must maintain social distancing and follow all Covid-19 protocols set by the government.
- Participants must carry their own equipment, spares & repairs, no gear will be provided in any category (If you wish to rent any equipment you should contact the host school directly).
- You can also check SFI Rulebook for surf contest rules on the website.
3.9 An athlete may be able to participate in a maximum of one category event per sport only.
3.10 PAYMENT INFORMATION
All payments for registration should be made to the QR code below:
Payment transaction details must be shared via Whatsapp with the Participant name for tracking purposes.
4.1 The event format will be as per ISA Rule book Chapter 2 Section 3.
5.1 The schedule is as follows:-
5.2 The equipment inspection schedule will be posted on the Official Notice Board (ONB) prior to inspection day.
5.3 The Instructions will define the process for the publication of the daily race schedule, including the allocation of events.
- EQUIPMENT INSPECTION
6.1 All boards shall be inspected, measured & registered to the participant (sharing of equipment is not allowed within the same category) in accordance with the SFI Rules, each participant must have the following equipment:
- Surfboard b. Surfboard Leg Rope (leash)
For StandUp Paddle
- SUP Board b. SUP Paddle c. SUP board leash.
6.2 The Technical Committee (TC) will be appointed. The TC is responsible for all equipment inspection functions. The TC is the 'responsible authority for the purposes of equipment inspection). and it shall be the authority for determining if the equipment complies with the Rules and its interpretation.
6.3 Boards will be inspected for compliance with rules at any time during the event.
6.4 Repairs or replacements required afloat shall be notified to the TC prior to the start of the next race. If there is no time to notify the TC prior to the start of the next race, the repair or replacement shall be notified to the Race Committee or a member of the PC prior to the start of the next race. Then it shall be reported ashore in writing to the TC within the protest time limit and both the damaged equipment and replaced equipment shall be presented.
- EVENT INSTRUCTIONS (EI)
The Event Instructions will be provided to the participants on the Judges briefing prior to the start of the event on 26th of April.
The Event will take place at Panambur Beach, Mangalore Location Link
The Course for each format of the event will be published in the EI
Infringement and technical infringement penalties will be published in the EI. The Penalties will be as per SFI Rule Chapter 2 Section 3 (c).
11. SUPPORT TEAMS (INCLUDING SUPPORT VESSELS)
11.1 A support vessel includes any vessel that is under the control or direction of a support person including any person gathering data that may be used at a later time.
11.2 The support person/coaches and trainers have to register with the OA. They are not to provide any support while races are in progress. No support vessels other than the OA are permitted during the event. No cheering squad or outside vessels are allowed without prior approval of the OA. Any disregard of this rule will result in disqualification of the participants associated with the person/coaches.
- BOARD AND EQUIPMENT CHARTER
12.1 For nationals in any category, only Race Boards will be used. The OA has few boards and equipment which may be provided to the participants. Priority will be given to the ranking athletes on a first come first serve basis with charter/rental fees of Rs. 1,000/- per board. The chartered SUP boards will include board, paddle & leash.
12.2 Charter period that will start from 0800 hours of 27th May to 1800 hours of 29th May 22. For other periods the charter fee is Rs. 1,500 per day comprising 8 hours.
- SCORING AND PRIZES
13.1 The scoring principle will be published in the RI.
13.2 Trophies & Cash Prize will be awarded to the participants ranked top three in each class/category. The following medals/prizes will be awarded –
13.3 30% TDS would be deducted on Prize Money above Rs 10,000/-
- PROTEST COMMITTEE
A Protest Committee (PC) will be appointed as per ISA rules Chapter 2 Section 3 (D). The Chairman PC will chair the PC.
- AMENDMENTS TO NOTICE OF RACE
The OA may change the Notice of Race. Any such changes will be posted on the Official Notice Board (ONB) at the Regatta office near the venue, and also intimated by mail to the participants.
16. DOPING CONTROL
Competitors are reminded of the rules and regulations concerning the use of banned methods and substances, which are contained in ISF Rules Chapter 2, Section 3 (A) in the Anti-Doping Code. Doping control may take place during the regatta.
17. RISK STATEMENT
Competitors and support personnel participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. The Organizing Authority, or any other race officials and volunteers, will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury, or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the competition.
The safety of the board and equipment after handover and during the event shall be the sole in-escapable responsibility of the participants. All the participants are to have appropriate insurance for themselves and their own equipment.
Each entrant must sign the indemnity declaration on the Entry Form before the
event. If under 18, the parent or guardian must sign.
- ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT SERVICES
Participants will have to reach the venue on their own and make their accommodation and transport arrangements. The details of accommodation available near the venue are placed in the addendum.
- MECHANICAL / ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION DEVICE
21.1 The ISA prohibits any mechanical/electronic communication device, (including megaphones) that links a competitor in the action of competing with another party during ISA competitive events. Various other team officials [including the coach] may use this communication in the contest area
22.2 The means of communication are allowed only for the purpose of emergencies, safety, and weather reports. Each team should declare their communication equipment to the OA
22. MEDIA RIGHTS, CAMERAS AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
By entering this event, the owner (or charterer), participants and support staff on competing boards grant at no cost the absolute right and permission to use their names, voice, images, likenesses, and biographical material, as well as representation of their board in any media (including television, print and internet). SFI Rule in Chapter 2 Section 3 (D) will apply.
23. CONTACT DETAIL
Team leader, Team manager or designated person as point-of-contact for each participant shall provide an email address and mobile phone number to Event office/ OA
- COVID 19 PROTOCOL
The event will at all times comply with the local guidelines and rules regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TRASH DISPOSAL
The competitors and their support staff shall not intentionally put trash in the water while afloat.
- FURTHER INFORMATION
Contest Director - Nawaz Jabbar - 97876 03377
Head Judge - Shamanth Kumar - 70224 08328
- Location of competition Venue (Google map)-