Learn Surfing in India at Mantra Surf Club
Come and join us at the first surf school in India. We offer 3 days, 5 days, and 7-days courses. Get your surf lessons from ISA certified instructors at our own private beach at Mulki near Mangalore. We offer Private or Group Surf Lessons. We cater to students, corporate trips, family vacations, and much more!
• Surfboard rentals available in all sizes. Softboards for safety and ease of learning.
• Safety is our #1 priority. We provide Life Jackets, first aid, and ISA certified instructors at all times.
• Private beach and a sun shelter to hang out and relax.
• Certificate of course completion by the instructor at end of your stay.
Why surf with us?
Learn surfing from the pioneers of surfing in India. Surfing Swami (Jack Hebner) and Babaji (Rick Perry) brought surfing into India over 40 years ago and after over 20 years of traveling and surfing, they would go on to establish India's first surf camp. We have traveled all over India and have surfed for well over a decade in all kinds of waves. We bring a lot of international experience and fun into your surf lessons.
All our instructors are certified by ISA (International Surfing Association). Whether you are an experienced swimmer or this is your first time in the ocean, our instructors will make sure that you have a great time in the water and by the end of the third day, you will be sure to catch some of your own waves.
We give a new definition to surfing holidays. Our experienced and friendly staff will make sure this surf trip is one you will never forget.
We are situated on the west coast of Karnataka in a small beautiful quiet village called Mulki near Mangalore. We traveled all over India for years before we selected this ideal paradise to learn surfing. Why?
1. Safety - NO SHARKS or OTHER SEA MONSTERS. Maybe one of the safest waters in the world. It’s a beautiful sandy beach with no rocks or corals, so you don’t have to worry about falling off the board while surfing. The waves are ideal for learning throughout the year except during the monsoon, we are closed from the end of May to early September
2. Clean - Yes, actual clean beaches ( we clean them ) where you won’t be bombarded with strangers. We conduct lessons on our private beach, where it’s just you, our instructors and the vast beautiful ocean!
3. People & Lifestyle - This region also called the “Tulunadu” and is one of the most culturally rich places in South India. There are always local festivals and the people are super friendly! So when you are not surfing, you can take a stroll through the village or bike into the town and find some amazing stuff!
Check out some of the surfing courses that we offer.
What we offer at our Surf School
We offer 3 days, 5 days, and 7-days structured surf courses. Each is aimed at getting you started with surfing and helping you catch your own waves. We cater to students, corporates, families, travelers and much more!
We also offer surf coaching which is directed at providing a structured course to students who want to take up surfing seriously. We train them on a regular basis to get them prepared to compete in surf competitions and events both national and international recognized by Surfing Federation of India (SFI) and ISA.
We also provide scholarships to students through Surfing Swami Foundation. A non-profit organization dedicated to introducing surfing, water sports, and environmental awareness in India — providing free equipment, school scholarships and training for village girls and boys. see how you can help…
What you will learn
In both 3 days (level -1), 5 days (Level -2), and 7 days (Level-3) surf course, you will learn all about surfing. We structure our classes in such a way that you will understand the essential concepts of surfing. You will learn all about the surfboard, about different kinds of waves, how to paddle, how to balance, which waves to catch and all this while having a great time. We make sure that you can catch your own waves and get hooked on surfing!
What are you waiting for? Book your surf lessons today.
Want to carry back home your surf memories?
Don't worry we got you covered. We have our own in-house photo/videographer who captures your surf moments and compiles them into a nice little video. You don't have to worry about your first surf pictures or videos, you can focus on surfing and having fun while we make sure to record those moments.
Small video + 15 Pictures - Rs. 2,000 (per session) (Rs. 3, 500 for courses)
Only Pictures - Rs. 500 (per session) (Rs. 1,500 for courses)